Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Fricassee

And so it's Friday!

Please remember to pop over HERE this evening and all weekend to critique revised loglines from Round One. Jess is accepting submissions from Round One entrants until 4 PM EDT today.

Round Three submissions are this coming Tuesday.  THIS IS OUR FINAL ROUND OF LOGLINE CRITIQUE PRIOR TO THE BAKER'S DOZEN.

Holy looming slush pile.  Are we THAT CLOSE?

So, yeah.  It's gonna be busy around here.  We also have the October Secret Agent coming up (which, by the way, you may enter and STILL enter the Baker's Dozen).  Hopefully I will see my husband sometimes.

Maybe I can talk him into massaging my feet while I work.  Or maybe I've slipped into complete delusion.

Anyway, HAVE YOU BEEN LEARNING A FEW THINGS ABOUT LOGLINES?  Is yours shaping up?  (Even if you're not planning on entering the Baker's Dozen, a strong logline will serve you well.)

I've been worldbuilding for a shiny new story, and one thing I'd like to accomplish before drafting it is to write a knock-out logline.  Of course, I suck at loglines.  So it's a good thing I've got HOLLY BODGER in my life.

Isn't she made of all things amazing? I'm so grateful for the time she's spent critiquing the loglines. And DANG, she's good!

Actually, she's not the only one. There are MANY excellent critiques happening, and I'm thankful to all of you. I love the way you give to each other.

Okay, off to a breakfast date with the love of my life!  Have a joyous weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Do you realize how many people you've helped with the things you do? Gold stars & Karma points for you lady and thank you again. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to self: *Tuesday is last logline critique*

    Thanks for all you do! And good luck on spending time with your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading the crits for other loglines was helpful! This is such a wonderful blog. Thanks a ton, Authoress, and thanks to Holly for all the crits. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the time and effort you and everyone else put it. You have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for all the work you put into this blog! I've learned so much these past couple weeks from reading everyone's loglines and critiques.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Authoress~ I just wanted to say I really WANT to help critique, but my computer has PMS and isn't letting me!It's going to get R-E-P-L-A-C-E-D pretty soon if it doesn't watch out. For some reason, I'm having a terrible time trying to post on here (this is my third try for this even), but I am with you all in spirit and rooting for every single one of you!

    Write, write, write and win, win, win! Yay for Our Authoress!

    ReplyDelete