Monday, October 18, 2010

Secret Agent Unveiled: MICHELLE WOLFSON

A HUGE round of applause to the lovely and dedicated Michelle Wolfson of Wolfson Literary, who critiqued all the entries while SICK!

Michelle's bio:

Michelle Wolfson formed Wolfson Literary Agency in 2007 and is actively seeking authors of commercial fiction in the following categories: mainstream, mysteries, thrillers, suspense, chick-lit, romance, women’s fiction, and young adult. She is drawn to well written material with strong interesting characters. She is also interested in practical and narrative non-fiction projects, particularly those of interest to women.

Michelle holds a BA from Dartmouth College and an MBA from New York University. Prior to forming her own agency, Michelle spent two years with Artists & Artisans, Inc. and two years with Ralph Vicinanza, Ltd. Before that, she spent several years working outside of publishing, in non-profit and then finance, and she brings the skills she learned there plus a lifetime love of reading to the table as an agent.

What Michelle's looking for:

I’m looking for standout writing that will keep me up late at night.

(There you have it!)

Hooray! And I'd like to add that, despite the fact that she wasn't feeling well, our Secret Agent was a TREAT to work with this week. Thanks for that, Michelle!

Winners forthcoming!

12 comments:

  1. I didn't enter this contest, but still really enjoyed reading Michelle's comments. She really took her time evaluating the entries (and I found it kind of fun to see if I had thought of the same things!)

    Thanks to Michelle for being a great SA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much to Michelle for taking the time to do this, despite not feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I was really impressed with the quality of Michelle's comments. Now I'm double impressed since she was sick!

    Thanks for another great SA round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading the weakness and strength of each entry was really helpful. Thanks Ms. Wolfson and Authoress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Michelle! A huge help to us aspiring authors!!1 And thanks Miss Snark for hosting such an awesome avenue for feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Michelle, for volunteering your time to give us great constructive feedback and all while you weren't feeling too hot (hope you feel better soon). This has been one of the best critiquing experiences I've had so far. I think I've just gotten a tiny peek into an agent's world. Some entries that didn't really appeal to me, other critters seemed to love, and there were some I really enjoyed that the other critters weren't fond of. Hmph. I don't envy your job right now in choosing winners :)

    Authoress, as always, you are so wonderful for hosting. Hope you get the warm fuzzies we're sending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just learned about this program b/c I follow Ms. Wolfson on Twitter. So I spent some time going back and looking @ who you have had participate.

    It seems these days that agents are getting such a bad rap. I keep seeing them being attacked by writers all over the web. And it upsets me.

    It is so cool that they are willing to do stuff like this. Ms. Wolfson deserves extra props b/c she was sick, but all the participating agents should have our appreciation as writers. Sure, they see this as a chance to discover new talent. But these are BUSY people. It is totally awesome that they are willing to take the time to do something like this!

    Kudos to you for hosting this, and to all the agents who have been part of it. You have a new follower! :)

    And congrats to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT comments from Ms. Wolfson. Wasn't eligible to enter, but would have loved to get such excellent feedback.

    Awesome contest as always, Authoress! Keep this up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First thanks to the Authoress for hosting this awesome contest. What a great resource this is for writers!

    And thank you for inviting me to participate. I had a blast doing this. Thanks for humoring me through all my crazy emails.

    And to all the writers, good for you for putting yourselves out there. It's the only way to improve your writing and I saw so much potential here. What a talented bunch you are! Thanks for making this a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My how you look so pretty today Ms. Wolfson? That shirt makes you look SOOO skinny. Did you do something new with your hair?

    Did you know I know the secrets on how to increase your .... investments? A friend of mine told me how!

    No in all seriousness. You do totally rock! Thanks for being the secret agent. Your comments made my beginning all sorts of awesome. Which makes me all sorts of happy. Which makes you all sorts of wonderful! (See how that works?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a great experience. Thank you, Ms. Wolfson for the feedback and fighting through illness to provide it.

    Thank you, Authoress, for having this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the winners are so unbelievably lucky. She's one of the top agents on my list. Not a winner this time, but I definitely have a good idea where to start and revisions to make.

    Thank you, authoress, for your contest and choice of amazing agents for us all to learn from!!

    ReplyDelete