Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Beta Testing Today!

Well, I'm just a TINY BIT excited. The shiny-new MSFV automated submissions system is going into major test mode today, thanks to my fearless team of volunteers. If all goes well, next week's Secret Agent contest will actually be...automated!

Think of it. No hand-responses to each entry. No cutting and pasting. No painful sending of "I'm sorry, we're full" emails.

No indeed. The program will do it all for me. All I have to do is set up the contest and check the posts for formatting.

The program will even auto-reject if you're over the word count. (May I just insert a small MUHAHAAA here?)

So stay tuned. I'll let you know how it goes. And you'll get a detailed explanation of how things work.

This is beyond cool. :)

13 comments:

  1. Well, good luck with that! It's great that it'll make things easier for you, I didn't even know things like that existed. But hey, I'm a technological coward, and I never know what's going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the trials and tribulations of being popular.

    *G*

    Congrats all around, on your new system and the popularity that requires it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The program will even auto-reject if you're over the word count. (May I just insert a small MUHAHAAA here?)" <- !!!!! :)

    Yay on the new system. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your life will be easier, since these contests must take a lot of your time and energy.

    Do people really fudge word count?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in a writer workshop right now, and you'd be suprised how many people go over the word count limit. And I'm not talking a few words. I'm talking 100 extra words!

    Good luck with the new system.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything that falls into the category of "Life Hack" deserves to be celebrated. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure I would say "fearless". Snakes terrify me. So do capri pants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some serious skills! I'm still in the thankful it posted successfully stage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's fabulous! I can't quite believe you've put yourself through doing it by hand all this time.

    Now, if it can only automate a way to send you chocolate and Starbucks by way of thanks... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was the day when I discovered that Word's word count via Properties is not always accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you didn't forget the antipodean buttons on your program. ;-)

    My word verification is

    dnile

    Is that a coincidence or the story of my life in one word.

    Second coincidence. As often happens the verification doesn't work so my second word was

    fouick

    This has to be life copying art.

    ReplyDelete