Monday, July 13, 2009

Submissions Are Now Open

Our July SECRET AGENT: ARE YOU HOOKED? contest is up and running! The submission window will remain open for twenty-four hours.

The guidelines:

IMPORTANT: DO NOT SEND YOUR 250 WORDS. The 50 entries for the contest will be chosen via random drawing. At this time, please send ONLY THE FOLLOWING to facelesswords(at)gmail.com:
  • SCREEN NAME
  • TITLE
  • GENRE
That's all I need! All entries will receive a lottery number for the drawing. Once submissions close, I will draw 50 entries at random, and the winners will be notified via email. Winners will then be invited to submit your 250-word opening.

*This month's Secret Agent contest will include the following genres:
  • Adult literary fiction
  • Adult narrative nonfiction
  • Middle Grade fiction (NO SF/F)
  • YA fiction (Dystopian SF included; otherwise, NO SF/F)
If your novel does not fall into one of the above genres, please do not submit.

*Please remember that Secret Agent contests are open to authors of COMPLETED MANUSCRIPTS.

*Your manuscript should be in THE BEST POSSIBLE SHAPE. In fact, you should not consider entering a Secret Agent contest unless you feel that your manuscript is ready to be queried.


*Please also remember that anyone who was a contestant in May's Secret Agent contest MAY NOT ENTER THIS MONTH.


Questions? Please pop them into the comment box.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'd forgotten all about this. Okay, maybe that's because I can't enter (YA urban fantasy/have already entered) and I have no new ms ready yet. But I must admit this month's contest (and a few other factors) are making me realize maybe it's time for me to switch out of my genre comfort zone, and try out YA contemporary instead.

    In the meantime, I look forward to reading and critting all the YA entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never figure out what exact genre my book would fall into. It's urban fantasy, paranormal - werewolves, witches, shapeshifters, has some language in it and some adult moments - so what would you call that? :)

    ReplyDelete